At NextThing.Education, we are passionate about giving children an unforgettable learning experience that could inspire them to pursue a career in technology. A technology career is so diverse and productive with excellent job prospects and personal development opportunities. Over the next few weeks, we will be counting down the Top 10 Tech Careers to show you what the world of tech has to offer.
At Number 10, it is Software Engineer.
This job requires good analytical skills and excellent attention to detail, along with a strong knowledge of Mathematics and Computer Science. Software engineers work in a developing environment because of the continuous advances in technology. They build, manage, inspect, and enhance systems according to certain necessary needs. This is usually instructed by a systems analyst where engineers are also required to identify and fix any system faults.
Tasks for software engineers include:
- Examining user’s needs
- Writing and analysing codes (editing if required)
- Investigating and creating new software programmes
- Testing computer software and systems
- Improving current programmes by examining and locating areas that can be changed.
Skills required for this job include:
- Understanding of computer systems and technologies
- Be able to communicate clearly and promptly with clients and colleagues about complicated issues
- Organisational skills
- Be able to solve problems logically, analytically, and creatively
- Be a good team player.